If you want live better, you can start it by change your eating habit. Exercising regularly without change your eating habit is just a waste time.
Eating a healthier diet doesn’t mean you have to cut out your favorite foods completely, but you just have to make a few changes like finding substitutions for existing foods in your diet. Here are some tips for better healthy food:
- Reduce your portion size. Start putting your meals on smaller plates. Don’t eat whatever amount of food is in front of you.
- Start using lean ground beef, pork tenderloin or fish instead of high-fat cuts of meat.
- Switch from full-fat cheeses to reduced-fat or fat-free cheeses the same way you would with milk (see tip above).
- Order vegetables on the side instead of fries. Flavor them with lemon juice or herbs instead of butter.
- Change your cooking methods. Bake, grill or broil your meals instead of frying
- Drink more water. Slowly reduce the amount of soda you drink and replace it with herbal tea or water
- Use mustard instead of mayo on your sandwiches
- Snack on fruit and nuts instead of sugary treats. The fiber, protein and healthy fats in this combination will sustain you to your next meal.
- Select whole wheat bread over white bread
- Eat the white meat of turkey or chicken, which is lower in fat than dark meat, red meat and pork
- Don’t drink your calories. Eat a whole orange instead of drinking a glass of juice, for example
- Gradually switch to skim milk. Milk commonly comes in four varieties: whole (4% fat), 2%, 1% and skim (0% fat).
Healthy lifestyle, including healthier eating habit, will help you reach your best weight. Eat most nutritious foods daily is the key for it.